Thomson Lamination Company (TLC) is the premier high performance lamination supplier to the aerospace, military & defense, medical, and energy sectors. We are a modern, state of the art, specialty lamination stamping company utilizing high alloy materials, with high temperature annealing in controlled Hydrogen and Nitrogen atmospheres, and assembly capabilities. We pride ourselves on being a one stop ship for our customers. Our highly trained technical staff has the knowledge, expertise & experience to support your project at every step of the way, from a loose lamination to a finished core assembly ready for winding.
Our work environment includes:
- Safe work environment
- Flexible working hours
- On-the-job training
- Growth opportunities
- Casual work attire
- Flexible Hours
- Ample opportunities for overtime
The Quality Inspector is responsible for assisting the quality department in all functions associated with maintaining TLC's quality objectives. The daily tasks of this position will center around the inspections of parts in various stages of production to determine compliance and conformity to the identified specifications:
- Collect and review information on products and processes to determine if they meet quality standards.
- Assist in root cause corrective action activities for non-conformances.
- Reading prints and specifications to ensure that operations meet customer's standards
- Perform quality inspections for parts in production as well as finished goods using various equipment such as calipers, micrometers, pin gages, etc.
- Perform receiving inspection on components and parts received from suppliers
- Prepare First Article Inspection reports to ensure requirements are satisfied
- Coordinate and perform calibration activities on inspection equipment on a periodic basis
A strong candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of dedicated QA/QC Inspector experience in a manufacturing environment. REQUIRED
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and motivational skills.
- Capable of supporting product development from initial concept to design, prototype and on-going production.
- A working understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Familiarity with AS9102 Forms for First Article Inspection Reporting
- The ability to work with computer-based measuring equipment such as the Keyence IM7000 or the willingness to be trained on such equipment.
- Education or training related to Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
- Problem solving skills.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures and multitasking.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 2 years
- 5 years
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing facility
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Maple Shade, NJ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Dimensional inspection (Required)
- Digital and Manual Micrometer and Caliper (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
We invite you to come join our team and view the TLC plant - it has expanded to now over 76,000 square feet of the most modern production facilities and equipment in the lamination industry.
TLC is located in Maple Shade NJ , five miles east of Philadelphia and adjacent to the New Jersey Turnpike, just off Exit 4.